Rudolph Valentino the Silent Idol - Expanded Edition now available


It has been a long journey with many fits and starts.  I am pleased to shamelessly announce that my revised and expanded edition of Rudolph Valentino the Silent Idol: His Life in Photographs is now available at long last.
This new edition allowed me to correct errors in the 2010 blurb edition and also, more importantly, add a whole bunch of new photos which either did not make the cut in the first book due to space limitations or have been newly acquired in the time since.

The book clocks in at 506 pages, about 3.5 lbs and many more images.  Most are full size reproductions and the rest are two a page.

The essays are concise and I did make some corrections there, as well. 

The other nice part is the book is much cheaper than the original edition, which was my goal for the first book all along.  Blurb's pricing kept me from reaching that goal.  As beautiful as the color edition is, the pricing was exorbitant. 

Presently, the book is only available at lulu here.

I have released the book for distribution, i.e., amazon, B&N, Ingram, etc. Unfortunately, the wheels will grind more slowly than one would want in this world of instant internet everything. I am advised the book will be available through channels in 6-8 weeks time (from today). That was not what I was expecting. So, if you cannot wait, you can order direct from lulu and use their discount codes (for right now ONEFIVE good through 6/27 for a 15% savings - keep checking they have a code at least once a week).

Here are a few sample pics from the first copy I unboxed.








Comments

Tinky said…
Congratulations! I know how proud you must be. Rest well....
Marketa said…
My book arrived yesterday and I just could not move from it ;))
Amazing book, with so many pictures never seen before!

Popular Posts