Movie Podcasts

I've been weaning myself off the newsfeed and into the podcast network of film history, film geekery and just plain good listening.  Here's what I've been listening to.  Hope you'll tune in, this is all good fun!



Making her podcasting debut today (February 26th) is mega silent film fan and reviewer Fritzi Kramer's Movies Silently Podcast.  I gave her opening episode a listen today and could not be more impressed.  Excellent start and she's set the bar high already for future episodes. Charming sponsor, too.  You can find it here. I've had an issue with the subscribe bar on the website, ymmv.  Will tune in via podcasts on my phone, too. 


Another podcast I've binged since I needed to catch up is Michael Gebert's excellent Nitrateville Radio podcast.  Mike's been doing some stellar interviews across the board from film accompanists/composers like Donald Sosin and Ben Model, authors like Tracey Goessel, Vanda Kreft and Thomas Gladysz, and heros of restoration like Rob Byrne and Serge Bromberg.  You can tune in at Soundcloud and Mike also posts links on the discussion board Nitrateville with additional links and videos on an episode by episode basis.  This is also good informative listening.






Finally, if you have not listened to any of Frank Thompson's The Commentary Track, you are missing out.  Right now it is all archived (and full disclosure, yours truly is featured on one of the interviews Ep 51) and Frank is not producing new episodes at the moment.  I know he is hoping to get it going again.  In any case, do treat yourself, he talks with Rudy Behlmer, Robert Birchard, and scads of other great people.  Having been on the other side of the microphone with Frank, his interview style is easy and probing.  Well worth a listen!

Comments

What a great piece to have today, while I work on taxes! Yes, even fairy princesses must do their taxes and these excellent podcasts are just the thing to brighten up a dreary chore. Thanks Donna for compiling a list of #StrictlyVintageHollywood podcasts that will lighten my load and teach me fun new things, too.

Popular Posts