22nd Annual San Francisco Silent Film Festival - A Sneak Peek





The time is drawing nigh for the announcement of the 22nd Annual San Francisco Silent Film Festival.  I received the mailer with the teaser for the 2017 edition. I will be attending the Festival Announcement Party on March 29th and will follow up the full schedule lineup then.





The 2017 Festival will open with the great Harold Lloyd in The Freshman.  The Berklee Silent Film Orchestra will play the film (Yay!).  Here's hoping they incorporate the great tune written for the film, Freshie.












There will be a new restoration of Douglas Fairbanks delightful swashbuckler The Three Musketeers.  I understand that the restoration was done by The Museum of Modern Art (MOMA).  I love Doug, so this will be a real treat to see this film restored.



The BIG announcement is the discovery by the Cinémathèque Française of Rupert Julian's 1926 film Silence.  The film was produced by The Producers Distributing Corporation (Cecil B. DeMille) and stars the marvelous H.B. Warner (best remembered in De Mille's 1929 King of Kings and Mr. Gower in It's a Wonderful Life). 


You can buy a Festival Pass here.  See you there, I  hope!







Comments

Tinky said…
I WISH you could see me there. Have fun!

Popular Posts